Dawn Charles – Rise Photo Academy DC Courses
Rise has you covered with everything you need to know to book your dream clients, shoot and edit like a pro, stay organized, and take your business to the next level.
THE POSING COURSE
The ultimate course for photographers and videographers who strive to capture authentic moments and genuine connection.
This 10 part course combines live shoots, studio chats, Q&A and prompt cards to provide you with a complete resource on prompting, posing, and storytelling. The Posing Course dives deep into everything you need to know when it comes to making your clients feel comfortable, capturing your subjects in a natural and impactful way, and feeling confident doing it!
- Philosophy & Goals
- Preparing Clients for the Shoot
- Setting the Mood
- Starting the Shoot
- Shooting, Prompting, and Posing
- Adjusting for Different Types of Shoots
- Posing Q&A
- Live Shoot : Couples Session
- Live Shoot : Styled Elopement Pt. 1
- Live Shoot : Styled Elopement Pt. 2
THE EDITING COURSE
The ultimate comprehensive go-at-your-own-pace editing course. Get ready to go from dreading editing, to thriving and creating images you’ve been dreaming of in this 11 part course.
The 11 part editing course taking you through everything you need to know about Lightroom
- Basic Color & Tone
- Advanced Color & Tone
- Profile Corrections
- Selective Editing
- Cropping, Straightening, Transforming
- Spot Removal
- Lightroom Shortcuts
- Lightroom Importing, Organizing & Exporting
- Watch Me Edit
THE WORKFLOW & BACKUP COURSE
The must-have system for photographers to seamlessly and effectively organize and secure photos from upload to delivery.
This course walks you through my entire system from file upload to gallery delivery. I include all my tips on organization, efficiency, and my fool proof backup system so you never have to worry about lost images again.
- File upload, Organization & Backup
- Lightroom Import & Organization
- Lightroom Rating
- Export Client & Delivery
- BONUS: Syncing Capture Times Between Multiple Cameras
THE FUNDAMENTALS OF PHOTO COURSE
The one-stop-shop to photo basics for both professional and non-professional photographers.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- Course Introduction
- Basic Elements of Photography
- Gear + Settings
- Nail Your Backgrounds + Lighting
- Composition 101
- BONUS: Capturing Kids, Life & Everyday Moments
- BONUS: Additional Resources + Worksheet